Break the Silence and open up. This writing collaborative is open to all who wish to creatively share their feelings thoughts emotions and experiences through words. The power of the pen is an old cliché yet one which is invaluable.
Victims and their families often suffer in silence for fear of shame and/or reprisal by the perpetrator of this insidious crime.
The competition is a vehicle for positive change. The competition’s aim is to raise awareness through a deeper understanding of the written personal experience.
Entries will be open from 1st June and will close on the 15th October, 2018.
The White Ribbon Writing Collaborative Terms and Conditions of Entry:
1. Each entry must be an original single-authored short story of up to 2500 words, written in English.
2. Previously published or prize-winning stories will not be accepted.
4. Entries must be submitted online via the WRW Submittable portal.
5. Judging is anonymous. Entrants’ names must not appear on their stories or in their file name/s.
6. Multiple entries are permitted.
7. An entry fee of $10 AUD must accompany each entry.
8. If entrants subsequently withdraw their entries, the entry fee will not be refunded.
9. The closing date for entries is 15 October, 2018. Late entries will not be considered.
10. Entrants will receive automatic confirmation of receipt.
11. The Collaborative judges will be the academic and writers nominated by WRW.
12. The judges’ decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. WRW will contact the collaborative winner and runner-up by 24 November, 2018.
14. WRW is unable to provide feedback on individual entries.
15. WRW reserves the right not to award prizes.
Entries should be either PDFs or Word Documents. The text should be formatted with 1.5-line spacing and in 12 pt font size. The pages of stories should be numbered. The file name should include the title of the story. Authors’ names must not appear on the manuscript or in the file name.